Skip to main content
1 answer
2
Asked 213 views

How can I start a student club centered around Health policy and Advocacy?

I am a 300 level nursing student and I would live to start up a club centered around healthcare student getting involved in health policy, advocacy, health awareness, career development and innovations. Basically what the club is all about would be raising awareness among youth or healthcare students about health polices and governance, how they can use their voices to advocate for better healthcare structure. I don't want the club to just be only about discussion or theory but where people can provide practical solutions to problems, pitch realistic health policies and advocate for their various fields. Also I want the club to like a raw platform for students who are passionate about health governance.

I want to know what are the first steps in getting this started, what are ways this can be achieved and how can student lee initiatives go out there and make their voices heard and how can we stay relevant even to our immediate students society.


2

1 answer


0
Updated
Share a link to this answer
Share a link to this answer

Erickson’s Answer

Define a Mission: Promote student awareness, leadership, and action on health policy and public health issues.

Form a Core Team: Recruit interested students and assign officers (President, VP, Secretary, Advocacy Lead, etc.).

Find a Faculty Adviser: Seek support from a professor or professional in public health, healthcare, or public policy.

Register the Organization: Complete your school's requirements, including bylaws, objectives, and activity plans.

Launch Key Activities:

Health policy forums and webinars
Advocacy and awareness campaigns
Community health outreach projects
Leadership and policy analysis workshops

Build Partnerships: Collaborate with local health offices, hospitals, NGOs, and community organizations.

Create an Annual Theme
Examples: Health Equity, Mental Health Awareness, Digital Health & AI, or Youth Voices in Health Policy.

Goal: Develop future healthcare and policy leaders while creating meaningful impact in the community.
Thank you comment icon Thank you so much, Erickson! Feranmi
0