What are some of the responsibilities you have as a nurse practitioner?

1
1

Lisa’s Answer

0

Great question Eunice G!

Depending where and what you are doing as and NP (like do you work for a walk-in clinic, an Urgent Care, ER, primary care office, OB/GYN etc) I work for a walkin clinic it varies however, the basic fundamental are:

Take Patient history (what kinda past medical history does your patient have...Diabetes? Asthma? etc. Do they have any allegries to medication?

What is the chief complaint that brings them to you today? How long? Have they done any home treatments?

Assess the patient: I take vital like blood pressure, heart rate, temp, listen to lung sounds, listen to heart.

Look at what the problem is: Example the patient comes in for cough, I will listen to the lungs to see if I hear anything abnormal like wheezing.

Diagnoses the patient. Maybe the cough is bronchitis?

Treat: treat you patients with the appropriate medications to help them get better.

Follow up with patients if the next few days to see if they are feeling better. Sometimes you might have to change your treatment plan depending upon how the patient is feeling.

Hope this was helpful!

Lisa

0