When leaving Job Corp, did you go directly into the field you were looking to get into? If so and/or if not, how'd it happen for you?

1
1

Sonia D.’s Answer

0
I'm unfamiliar with Job Corp, however when I graduated from College, I did not go into the work associated to my degree.
I graduated with a Teachers Degree. I was a substitute teacher for 5 months. I wanted insurance so I applied and was hired as a entry level call agent for a telecommunication company. After a year, I became a trainer, where my Teaching Degree was useful. 20 years later I am an Engineer for that same telecommunication company. I often find myself using my Teaching Degree. The skills and knowledge I gained from my college degree I use in my daily job. II have the opportunity to work in 9 different jobs with 5 promotions. Though I am not teaching in a classroom to childhood students, I am teaching my peer, customers and new employees.
0