What other strengths or experiences might l need for a career in custodial work?

1

Hi my name Elias I am a Glen Rose HS student l am 18 years old and a senior. My strengths are hard work, being on time, and games. l am interested in custodial work. In my spare time I help people. What other strengths or experiences might l need for a career in custodial work #job custodial work

1

Kathy’s Answer

0
Hi Elias!
My dad was a school custodian for his entire adult life. He loved his job and was promoted into a supervisory role
after many years. While I don't have first-hand experience in this career, I can share with you the traits that made
my dad successful.

First and foremost, he was a really nice to the staff, teachers, students, parents, etc...he listened to many complaints
during the day but he always kept a kind and calm demeanor - I think being a good listener is very important
as is maintaining a good attitude.

Interestingly, he wasn't very neat when he was home but he took great pride in keeping his school spotless.
I remember how shiny the floors always looked - so taking pride in your work is a key ingredient for
being successful.

Lastly, opportunities can arise in the most unlikely places - keep your eyes and your mind open to new
possibilities that may present themselves as you step out into the working world.....Best of luck!

0