What do I have to do to get into Plastic surgery?

3

I am interest in medicine and I want to know how long it takes to go into certain fields of medicine. If you have anything else to add about Plastic surgery, let me know! #medicine #doctor #healthcare #medical #premed

3

0
In the US, to apply to medical school, you need a bachelor's degree. Any 4-year university should suffice.

Pick a college that suits your personality and a major that interests you. You will need to get good grades in college in order to apply for medical school. At the medical school I attended, the average GPA is reported to be 3.85, so even one or two B's can hurt your chances of acceptance.

During college study for and complete the MCAT. Apply to medical schools during your last year of college.

Medical school takes 4 years to complete.

After medical school physicians complete a residency for additional training. Traditionally plastic surgery surgeons have had 2 choices: 1)5 years of general surgery followed by 2 years of plastics fellowship or 2) a 6-year program with 3 years of general surgery and 3 years of plastics
0

0
After 4 years of medical school you will either do 5 years general surgery + 3 years plastics fellowship OR an integrated 6 year plastics residency. The integrated plastics residency is much more competitive than the general surgery route but leads to the same degree.
0

Estelle’s Answer

0
Plastic surgery is a competitive residency...you need to be in the top of the med school class. Research, publications, and presentations at conferences would help your application to residency.
0