How did you learn how to fix cars and be able to get as far in life as you are?

I am in 11th grade interested in automotive engineering. I started learning about this career since i was a young child. My father was an unauthorized engineer but was very great at what he did. I've always been interested in the job because it is what i grew up around and have been focused on. #engineering #automotive #mechanics

3

Joe’s Answer

Hi Carlosfalu,
Automotive engineering is a subset of mechanical engineering and encompasses a lot of different things. To get started in this career you'd need to study math and physics and then enroll in a mechanical engineering program at a college or university. Just to clarify, automotive engineers do not usually fix cars, they design or test them. If you'd like to fix cars for a living then you should consider going to a trade school (such as WyoTech, Devry, ITT tech, etc.) to learn how to become a mechanic. Getting started in this field is similar to mechanical engineering as you would want to study a lot of math and science.

1

Wael’s Answer

Carlos, I would start with a vehicle repair manual :) ... You can get them online for whatever you are working on. However, please make sure to have some supervision when you work on cars.

1