3

What should I pursue in post-secondary?

I am artistic and empathetic. I enjoy acting and science. #art #chemistry

3

0

Gustavo’s Answer

Hi Lola! I hope you are very well.

As a Chemist and Musician, I believe that you should not choose one or the other, I believe you should take both, try to reconcile the time of dedication for both disciplines. That's what I would do, because science and art truck side by side, I suggest you try taking both courses, because besides being beautiful, they are a complement to each other. That way you'll be able to extract all your creative potential and apply it to both. This is my opinion, I am a Researcher in the field of Chemistry and I am dedicated to music, music and chemistry will always be part of my lifestyle, they are inseparable for me. In my opinion try to take both. Why not? This in addition to making you happy will make you a more complete professional. Success in your journey, best regards.
0
0

Heather’s Answer

As someone who completed a duel major in Chemistry and Philosophy, I don't think you need to choose. At least not yet. Choose a college with options and take a little time in your first year or two to explore. Some of the best scientists I know are also musicians, artists, or actors. I think a creative outlet is important for most people and developing that can improve your life.
0
0

Haley’s Answer

Hi Lola!

I think this is the beauty of post-secondary/college education because you can find something that meets both of these desires! I would say figure out which one you would love to learn more about and choose that as a focus and then maybe add a minor /second major/ or even join an organization/group about the other. I also believe as you move through your secondary education you’ll figure out what you’re really passionate about and may even find a way to incorporate all of your neat character traits and passions into hopefully a career! I hope this helps
0