What is the best college major for non traditional student willing to do an mba in future?

Updated New Delhi, Delhi, India

I am 27 yrs old and dropped out of college after sophomore year due to financial trouble, since I have been working and now I am Financially secure I want to restart my career, I plan on returning to my state school Oklahoma, which would be a suitable major for me as,(I could not do a #hard engineering major! as I have been out of school for a while) I intend to do an MBA afterwards? #mba #career-counseling #college-major

Tom’s Answer

You should look to get either a degree in business or a business related field which interests you (i.e Finance, Accounting, Economics or Marketing). Hope this helps!
I am thinking about majoring in business but, I have heard that undergraduate degree in business could hamper the chance for an MBA. A liberal arts degree i.e political science e.t..c where I could get close to 4.0 GPA would not be good option ?

Lisa’s Answer

Updated Hartford, Connecticut
You should definitely major in business which may reduce the number of classes you need for your MBA. Good luck
I am thinking about majoring in business related field but, I have heard that undergraduate degree in business could hamper the chance for an MBA. A liberal arts degree i.e political science e.t..c where I could get close to 4.0 GPA would not be good option ?