My daughter is 15, and regrettably, in Nevada, the minimum age to work is 16. Nevertheless, she earns a fantastic income by engaging in small tasks that don't have an age restriction, such as babysitting for relatives and friends, walking dogs for neighbors, taking care of plants for family members, and baking delicious cakes and cookies for local food events.
Best of luck!
1. Develop skills in engaging with the public and providing customer support.
2. Observe how others shop and plan their budgets for family meals.
3. Understand the behind-the-scenes operations of managing a business.
4. Discover numerous career opportunities available in this field.
5. This job is ideal for supporting your educational pursuits.
Happy job hunting.
Some ideas include babysitting, dog walking, house sitting, lifeguard, yard clean up/yard work, car washing, video gaming/influencers, or a lemonade stand.
Good luck with your job search!
First, you should look at the child labor laws in your area to see what kinds of work you can legally be employed at and what limits exist on your work hours. For CO, the information is available here: https://cdle.colorado.gov/youth-law.
Most of the work that people your age can do involves retail in some capacity, like working at restaurants or grocery stores. Other possible options are agricultural, office, or janitorial work. Other kinds of work involve more gig-style jobs like babysitting, pet-sitting, tutoring, gardening, or cleaning.
- Sell your artwork or handmade crafts online
- Host an online yard sale by selling unused items on eBay
- Create apps or plugins for app stores
- Develop your own games using existing platforms (like Roblox)
- Offer tutoring services to your peers or younger kids
- And more!
Don't forget to keep your parents or guardians informed about what you're doing, so they can offer their support and guidance when needed.
There are various jobs and careers that may offer a starting wage of around $15 per hour. Some common options include positions in retail, such as sales associates or cashiers, where you can gain customer service experience and develop valuable communication skills. Warehouse or logistics jobs, such as package handlers or stock clerks, are also potential options. In the food industry, roles like baristas, fast food team members, or restaurant hosts may be available at this wage range. Additionally, some administrative or entry-level office positions, such as receptionists or data entry clerks, could offer a starting wage around $15 per hour. It's worth noting that wage rates can vary based on location, industry, and level of experience. Exploring these sectors and positions can provide opportunities for growth, skill development, and potential advancement as you progress in your career.