Below are my suggestions:
1. Think about what you interest, eg your hobbies, your favourite subjects, etc and identify the related careers
Eg if you like music, do you want to be a musician, singer, musical artist, music composer, music producer, etc
If you like maths, would you like to be an accountant, engineer, banker, financial analyst, maths teacher, etc
2. Find out more on these careers and identify what you have interest
3. Speak to someone who are working in these careers. Seek guidance from your mentor, school career counselor, your parents, etc
4. Shortlist 1-2 careers you would like to pursue to be your major & minor
5. Explore the entry criteria of the relevant subjects in the college
Hope this helps! Good luck!
Knowing what kind of job you think you'll like helps you to better narrow down the path you may want to take, it gives you a starting point to research some options and maybe even get insight from someone already in that field. Having feedback from people who already have the job can give your a plethora of information to help you decide if its a good option for you, and I would get more than one person's opinion.
If you're just starting college, take classes that interest you without worrying about your major - you have plenty of time to think about that. First thing is to find out what makes you curious, what classes make you want to find out more, what moves you. Then you'll be able to focus, narrow it down a bit, and take that great advice from Mandi - talk to people who have the job you think you may want. You have lots of time, enjoy college!