5 answers
Updated
252 views
What is a piece of advice you wish someone would’ve given you, when you first started your current career?
I am going to school to become a nail technician. This will be a career change for me, coming out of HR. #spring2026
Login to comment
5 answers
Updated
Erin’s Answer
I wish someone had encouraged me to trust the journey. I had a goal in mind, but when I started exploring new opportunities and learning new things, a whole new path opened up. This shaped my career in amazing ways, and I couldn't be happier. Trust the process, stay open-minded, and your path will lead to success.
Updated
Michael’s Answer
Congrats on the career move! Career changes are great opportunities, and you'd be surprised how much crossover you'll find in skill sets even in completely new industries. It's never really a 'full reset": There are skills you picked up along the way that will help, even if they're not obvious on Day 1. They may even be from life outside of work. Tap into those experiences!
Updated
Dalia’s Answer
Learn to handle office politics, which is useful in any workplace, even a nail salon. It's important to know how to help your manager while also standing up for yourself. This helps you build a good reputation and improves your chances of getting promoted in the future.
Updated
Shirley’s Answer
Nothing is permanent and trust your worth!
I was unhappy in my first role coming out of school and I felt so 'stuck' - it took a lot of guidance and mentorship for me to realize that even though I did not major in the industry I wanted to enter, I still had a lot of relevant skills that I could bring.
I was unhappy in my first role coming out of school and I felt so 'stuck' - it took a lot of guidance and mentorship for me to realize that even though I did not major in the industry I wanted to enter, I still had a lot of relevant skills that I could bring.
Updated
Destiny’s Answer
Hi, Melody!
Congratulations on taking the first step into your new career!
Something that will always benefit an employee is to have the courage to ASK QUESTIONS! Anything that you're curious about, or anything that interests you - ASK! Not only does this show initiative to continue to learn, but it also helps you to continue your personal growth! Knowledge is power, and it is ever growing!
Congratulations on taking the first step into your new career!
Something that will always benefit an employee is to have the courage to ASK QUESTIONS! Anything that you're curious about, or anything that interests you - ASK! Not only does this show initiative to continue to learn, but it also helps you to continue your personal growth! Knowledge is power, and it is ever growing!