Which is good computer engineering or it

2
2

Vinay’s Answer

0

Hi Harsh,

This is a totally valid question and one that I faced as well when I was about to start school. Both these programs would enable you to be a proficient engineer and join/start any company that you desire. What is more important is that you focus on the basics and ensure that you pick up the following skills along the way

• Good understanding of data structures and algorithms
  • Proficiency in one of the common programming languages like C, C++, Java, Ruby, Go, Scala, Javascript, Kotlin, etc. This is not an exhaustive list and you just need one programming language that you should be comfortable with.
  • Basics of software development best practices and methodologies

Both the programs will cover these topics in great detail. From my understanding, IT tends to focus a bit more on just the software side while Computer Engineering has a mix of foundational computer science, hardware and software. You can't go wrong with either choices really.

Just to give you an additional data point, I ended up doing IT :)

0

Teng’s Answer

0

They both are good. The difference is software engineers are doing computer engineering and IT technicians are doing IT.

Teng recommends the following next steps:

• Think about it. Do you like to be a software engineer or IT technician. If you are very young, I suggest you learn general engineering skills. Which makes you qualified for both of the two roles.
  • Set up your mind to be an engineer, if you really like engineering.
  • Study hard at school and keep an eye on new technologies.
  • Find a job.
0