What is the highest level of education I need to be a Pharm Tech?

1

I'm a student at Job Corps Training to be a Pharm Tech and wanted to know what is the highest level of education needed. #tech #pharmtech #education

1

Robert’s Answer

0

High school diploma or G.E.D. combined with a 6 week training program and a state licensure exam.

Robert recommends the following next steps:

• First,graduate high school or get a G.E.D. . In order to become a pharmacy tech., the minimum education required is a high school diploma.
  • In my state (Massachusetts) and I assume in most other states, a pharmacy tech must successfully pass a 6 week training program.
  • These programs are usually offered at either community colleges or for-profit training facilities.
  • I suggest a community college (I am an advisor at one of these) for two reasons. One, C.C.'s are much less expensive than a for-profit training school. Two, many C.C.'s, including my own, have relationships with large pharmacies, such as CVS and Walgreen's, who will pay part of your tuition and depending upon demand, will employ you after graduation.
  • Keep in mind, most states have a licensure exam all graduates must pass prior to working as a pharmacy technician, so you'll need to study hard. The good news is, the pass rate is very high for this exam so if you show up for classes and do your homework, it shouldn't be too difficult for you.
0