I want to switch majors

2

I want to learn about media production and use the classes I am taking for something NOW, like youtube. I don't want a major that is not useful to me until I get the degree. #college-major #major #college-major #double-major

2

Teresa’s Answer

0

There is a misconception that students must pick a major with hopes of finding a job within that major. I wholeheartedly believe that you need to figure out what you want to do and then pick a major that can get you to obtain that career. However, in today's world you can major in just about anything and it won't limit you on what you want to do. You can be a journalism major and still go to medical school. You can be a music major and still go to law school. You have to really sit down and do your research and figure out what you want to do. I suggest talking to your advisor, your family and research!

0

Anna’s Answer

0
I am not sure what you are currently majoring in or if this would be an option for you, but I would suggest taking some electives, if possible. If you are looking for skills outside of your major to use while still in school, it could offer you some opportunities. Regardless of what you are majoring in, however, you can use those skills and apply them to something. I would not recommend changing majors just to find work in college; pick something that you feel confident in doing long-term. With something such as media production specifically, there are plenty of ways to gain those skills outside of just college courses if it is something you are passionate about (I would check out Coursera or Skillshare, for example). I would just encourage a healthy level of perspective; you will only be in college for 4 years, but you will have that degree for the rest of your life. It is more important, then, to focus on your future, especially considering the difficulty and variability of working while in school. That is not to discourage you from pursuing your passion, I am merely making sure that you are aware of all of your options and taking the "big picture" into consideration. I hope that helps!
0