What credentials did you have when you entered the working medical field for a medical administrative assistant

6

Hello,
Currently, I am a CMAA student at Thomas Nelson in Williamsburg, VA. I have a bachelor's degree in human services and a minor in business management. I also, have a few years of experience working in a office where I learned most of the skills needed to work as a CMAA. #medical #healthcare

6

Alexandria’s Answer

1
Hi Janis, most often employers look for someone with some experience who is honest regarding their experience/knowledge. When I entered the medical field the only credential I had was my bachelors degree and MA certification. However during my interview my current employer enjoyed my honesty and positivity even with lack of true medical office experience (I was fresh out of my program). During my time here I have grown within the company but my credentials have remained the same since I began. I have had the opportunity of sitting in on interviews and honestly, sometimes just showing up on time, dressed appropriately, & with your application/resume is more than most people do. We’ve had multiple interviews no show or come unprepared, so regardless of their credentials we moved on to the next person.
1