What kind of jobs can I get if I like working with computers?

8

I want to work with computers, but I don't know what's out there. #computer-science #computers #computer-savvy

8

1

The computer industry is constantly changing and for those of us that have embraced technology it is never ending excitement.

A couple specific examples to get the gears turning:
- Technical Sales representative: This can be with home computers (client) or with enterprise systems (datacenter)
- Computer programming: Everything from mobile applications, video games, or applications that go into military vehicles.
- Intel Engineering: Wide variety but as we know Intel is what makes most computers function, you would be able to help shape the future of the hardware technologies
- Microsoft: Another giant in the industry with a variety of careers focusing on the the main software platforms consumers use
- Cloud computing specialist: Cloud is a big buzz word in technology right now and is more advanced but gives you an idea of where a career can lead you.

In short there are 1000's of titles out there and it really depends on what part really interests you. I started at Dell 9 years ago in sales and never had even opened up a computer. Now I run a training lab of 5 full racks of equipment running VMware, Microsoft, Linux, you name it! The possibilities are endless if you are open to constantly learning.

Thank you so much, Mr. Michael! Becca H.
1

Kishma’s Answer

1

There are so many opportunities in the computer space. It really depends on what specifically you enjoy about working with computers. You can first decide whether it is the software or the hardware component of the computer you enjoy working on. Once you narrow that down, I suggest you go to the internet to research different computer technology opportunities.

I work with a brilliant bunch of colleagues and they enjoy building computer programs to facilitate what we do. However, my company also maintains a large technology support group that handles more of the infrastructure environment that keeps all our systems up and running. You are definitely in the right field.

thank you! farheen B.
Thank you! Becca H.
1

1

You'll want to determine what part of the computing world is most suited to your skill set. No use forcing yourself into a particular role that you may find dull.

Do you have the focus and patience to sit in front of a screen and program lines of code all day? (QA, Web Development, Programmer)

Would you rather handle computer and networking equipment with your hands and be on the move? (Network Engineer/IT Technician)

Would you prefer to sell tech to companies and assist in engineering the success of organizations? (IT sales/consulting)

Determine what is natural for you and what excites and interests you and go from there.

Thank you, Michael! Becca H.
1

George’s Answer

1

Hello Becca,

The possibilities are endless - Determine what makes you passionate about computers, and find a roll in the Tech Industry that you can apply that passion.

Thanks,

Thank you Mr George! Becca H.
1

Pradeep’s Answer

0

• Computer programming: Everything from mobile applications, video games, or applications that go into military vehicles.

• Intel Engineering: Wide variety but as we know Intel is what makes most computers function, you would be able to help shape the future of the hardware technologies

• Microsoft: Another giant in the industry with a variety of careers focusing on the the main software platforms consumers use

• Cloud computing specialist: Cloud is a big buzz word in technology right now and is more advanced but gives you an idea of where a career can lead you.

0