The computer industry is constantly changing and for those of us that have embraced technology it is never ending excitement.
A couple specific examples to get the gears turning:
- Technical Sales representative: This can be with home computers (client) or with enterprise systems (datacenter)
- Computer programming: Everything from mobile applications, video games, or applications that go into military vehicles.
- Intel Engineering: Wide variety but as we know Intel is what makes most computers function, you would be able to help shape the future of the hardware technologies
- Microsoft: Another giant in the industry with a variety of careers focusing on the the main software platforms consumers use
- Cloud computing specialist: Cloud is a big buzz word in technology right now and is more advanced but gives you an idea of where a career can lead you.
In short there are 1000's of titles out there and it really depends on what part really interests you. I started at Dell 9 years ago in sales and never had even opened up a computer. Now I run a training lab of 5 full racks of equipment running VMware, Microsoft, Linux, you name it! The possibilities are endless if you are open to constantly learning.