What comes after medical school?

I'm in high school hoping to go into either a health or law profession after college. I am currently undecided about which university I want to go to and what my major will be. #medicine #premed #doctor

5

After medical school physicians complete a residency for additional training. These can last 3-6 years and are sometimes followed by an additional year or two of fellowship subspecialty training.

1

Estelle’s Answer

Pick a major that interests you so you don't mind devoting a majority of your hours to studying adn you will get strong letters of recommendation from professors that see your aptitude and effort. Medical school physicians complete a residency for additional training. These can last 3-6 years and are sometimes followed by an additional year or two of fellowship subspecialty training

0

Carla’s Answer

Hi Harry,

the following website is a great resource for learning about different career paths.

Bureau of Labor Statistics: Occupational Outlook Handbook—
https://www.bls.gov/ooh/mobile/home.htm

0

Residency is the on-the-job training that comes after med school. It varies from three to six years depending upon which specialty you pick. After residency, you can always do additional training called a fellowship.

0