Do I need a bicycle in college?

5
5

Blake’s Answer

0
Hey Henry,

I would highly recommend a bicycle. It's not required, but it will give you a lot of freedom not having to rely on the school's transit system.

Thanks,
Blake
0

Riley’s Answer

0
If you are someone who enjoys riding your bike, then yes! Bikes come in handy a lot for biking to and from classes, as they will be faster than walking but usually more convenient than taking the shuttle. I did not take a bike when I went to college because I went to college in South Florida, where by the time I got to class I would have been covered in sweat if I took a bike. I usually opted for the shuttle that my school provided.
0

Julia’s Answer

0
Biking in college is a great way to get around! Over time, it saves you money and keeps you in good shape. It's always important to be mindful of your campus rules and regulations when it comes to parking your bike on campus and biking around in general (there were a lot of dismount zones and you can be ticketed/fined if you do not obey the laws!). Finally, be sure to invest in a sturdy lock + chain - you'll be glad you did!
0

Katherine’s Answer

0
I think it totally depends on where you go to college. None that I know of mandate having a bicycle, but think city vs. more rural environments. Location dependent, a bike could be really helpful for getting around and overall just really enjoyable to have!
0

0
This answer is completely dependent upon which college you attend. No college that I am aware of necessitates buying a bicycle, but it may make the college experience easier if you have one at a very large college.
0