what would be the best field to study if I am going into Interior Design as a career?

I am 18 living in Utah and asking for suggestions for me as I am going into Interior decor. #business #design #interior-design #interior-decorating

Elaine’s Answer

Hi Mckenzie, Like Natalie mentioned, you should take a 4 years CIDA accredited Bachelor program in Interior design or Interior Architecture. The CIDA accredited is very important as this is the recognition of this field. You may choose Associate Degree or Certification in Residential Design to ensure you like it as Interior Design has lots of technical knowledge and skills to develop. Hope this help, and good luck!

Natalie’s Answer

Take a 4 year bachelor program in interior design or interior architecture that is CIDA accredited.

Judith’s Answer

You need to enroll in an accredited 4 year Interior Design or Interiot Architecture program

Katy’s Answer

Some colleges have Interior Design programs (I went to San Francisco State University). Other art colleges (private) would be the next place to look. Industrial design is also really cool, if you'd like to get into furniture design - something I wish I had done!