Was it hard to become a pediatrician/doctor?

My name is Kimberlie Buckley and I am a 9th grade high school student. I am very interested in becoming a doctor ,but I mostly would like to become a pediatrician because I enjoy working with children. #doctor #medicine #healthcare #childcare

To become a doctor is not at all easy, it's a long road with lot's of hard work. The working long hours and repeated exams are considered normal, but the actual medical training is found to be the most difficult task. If you want to pursue pediatrician or any other field of doctors you should find more info about the employment and professional life from medical incorporation like <a href="http://doctorschoiceplacement.com/pediatrician-jobs-indiana/">Doctor's Choice Placement</a>, indeed.com etc. and then choose your carrier based on your interest. Michael E.

3

Vincent’s Answer

That's great. We always need more pediatricians. Kids can be challenging to work with but treating them is very gratifying. It's a long road to become a pediatrician including (after high school) 4 yrs of college, 4 years of medical school and 3 years of residency. Some doctors do even more training afterwards to specialize in a particular area of taking care of kids. Right now focus on getting the best possible grades that you can and also "shadow" a local pediatric doctor in your community.

Do you know Scott Campbell And if you dont look him up he is my brother would he be ok to work with Ian C.

or to shadow Ian C.

2

DrTodd’s Answer

Kimberlie,
The biggest obstacle to becoming a pediatrician is getting in to medical school after college. But once you get into med school, if you are willing and able to put in the time and effort to pass your exams, it is not difficult to specialize in pediatrics.

2

Judy’s Answer

First step is to get the best grades you can possibly get while in high school. Take five academic courses each year. Take the PSATs in your soph and jr. Year and the SATs or ACTs in your junior and senior year. Make an appointment with your guidance counselor NOW to discuss all of this. Your guidance counselor can help you create a path for yourself. A minimum of 7 years of college is needed!

1