Is it fine to go o college without knowing what I want to do? What if I don't want to continue on my career goal?

I like to draw but I think reading is cool too and i play video games and make animations in my free time. Science is alright but it seems too hard. Working for the rest of my life sounds sad and boring #college

4

Melissa’s Answer

Yes, it's fine! College is not entirely about learning a trade; you're also there to get an advanced general education, to meet peers, and to continue your life journey. You'll learn about a wide variety of subjects and hopefully find something to specialize in that you're excited about. Working does not have to be sad and boring!

0

Amber’s Answer

If you don't know what you want to do college is the perfect exploration time (if you can afford it). Things you may not even consider as tangible benefits like general life skills- interacting with a broader and potentially more diverse group of people, critical thinking, time management etc. Working is only sad if you find yourself in a career that you don't like.. otherwise can help provide daily direction and financial means to get the fun things in life and maybe even retire early :)

0

Rob’s Answer

As others have said, it's fine to not know what you want to do when you enter college. If you enter with a desire to learn and curiosity you may find a subject (or subjects!) that you find both fun and interesting. College is as much about the interaction with your fellow students and extracurricular activities as it is about the coursework you do. Depending upon the location and size of the school, you might also get exposure to the surrounding community, alumni who work in many different fields, and local businesses/non-profits in varied industries.

Work doesn't have to be boring--although there are times when it might be that. I hope you find a subject you're passionate about and can find a career in that area that's interesting and fulfilling.

0

Carl’s Answer

Yes, it is absolutely fine to go to college without knowing what you want to do as a career. In fact, most people change their career goals while they are in college. As you go through your college classes, you will learn about career options that you don't even know exist today. Focus on getting a college degree in something you find interesting. The career part will work itself out much later.

0