Is double majoring in marketing and finance a good idea?

I want to kind of work on both sides of marketing. Such as the creative side and the number side. I originally had a minor in art studio to be able to take some graphic design classes but that doesn't fit with my schedule.
Do you think a double major in those two areas will help along with learning graphic design on my own time? Are there any suggestions on how to learn graphic design on your own? finance marketing graphic-design advertising marketing-and-advertising

Wow Laxmi P. How are you able to juggle those 2 creative sides of the brain<a href = "https://rigstruckingcompanyfortworth.com/fort-worth-car-transport/">.</a> Roman Jay A.

8

Yes! Absolutely a good idea to double major in both Finance and Marketing. Marketing is about delivering on ROI and the objectives of the business. If you have a strong background in both finance and marketing, it makes you very valuable to an organization and especially useful to your understanding of how marketing is impacting the business, and your ability to demonstrate and communicate that effectiveness. Pursue both of these as majors and double your opportunities and understanding/appreciation of both of these vital functions of any organization. Best of luck, John

1

Charles’s Answer

Absolutely yes. It may set yourself up to owning or being a principle of your own agency. However, people in finance rarely do creative unless it's a really small shop or they're in sales. At the very least it sets you up for a myriad of possible job possibilities.

1

Lisa’s Answer

YES! My daughter is doing that! Great idea! I worked in financial marketing at Almay max factor and revlon and it is a fun job to work on financial marketing plans!

1

Kathy’s Answer

I personally think knowing more about related departments is ALWAYS a good idea. Just makes you more aware of where others might be coming from and how decisions are reached. Also, adds flexibility to your own career. Go for it!

0

Irene’s Answer

If you have the energy and the passion for both, I say YES! Having the ability to evaluate challenges, processes, or projects using both of these backgrounds and perspectives will go a long way in any career you choose. Best of luck!
0

Ana Cristina’s Answer

Hi Laxmi, yes I totally think it is a good idea. Every major compliments with finance as it is a very special and specific tool that will help you through your job career. People always want someone who has a finance/numbers perspective so I think it is a very good option.

If you have the energy and the passion for both, I say YES! Having the ability to evaluate challenges, processes, or projects using both of these backgrounds and perspectives will go a long way in any career you choose. Best of luck! https://bigrigtruckingcompanyaustin.com/ Roman Jay A.

0