So, I would suggest as you go about your day to think creatively about problems and solutions you might consider offerring.
Speak with entrepreneurs and ask how they selected the problems they wanted to solve for customers. Ask, why their solution is significantly better than other offerings.
Read science magazines and look for new products or services. Attend business trade shows, while in or close to your town, and look at the smaller, entrepreneurial displays-speak with the folks at those booths. Take courses in universities that focus upon entrepreneurship. When we first developed cell phone applications, I had a team of folks come to a meeting, open their briefcases and take out their various paper calendars, their pagers, their cell phones, their address books , their photos, and then work on ideas to put all of the functions in one device. You are now using that device which has, over time, solved many problems.
Bob recommends the following next steps:
Below are my suggestions:
1. Think about what industry you have interest or your have strength
2. Do some analysis on the industry eg the entry criteria, the competition status, any substitute or alternative, etc
3. Take relevant courses and management courses
4. Work in the industry for some time to understand the operating model and establish people network
5. Start the business online first if feasible
Hope this helps! Good Luck!