I want to work in EA Games as a game developer engineer so what should I do next

7

I am a student of computer science and engineering(bachelor's degree ), computer is my passion and gaming is my hobby, I am good in c,c++ and Java language also I have experience in developing computer desktop app and android app for college projects #animation #game-design #game-development #game-programming

7

Matthew’s Answer

1

It's pretty straight forward. Just apply to EA at http://careers.ea.com. I'd also look at other companies like Activision and Zynga. Sometimes it's easiest to connect with a recruiter for EA on LinkedIn (run a couple searches and then send them a note when you find them). Just make sure you resume and LinkedIn profile is up-to-date.

Hope this helps.
-Matt

thank you so much sir Shubham B. Translate
what is the job criteria for activision Shubham B. Translate
There isn't a specific criteria, but apart from knowledge on programming it is always best to be a gamer yourself else it just beats the purpose of joining this industry Mansour Khan Translate
what is requirements for activision and thank you sir Joseph H. Translate
duddudududududududududududududududududududbbsudb Josiah B. Translate
1

Gary’s Answer

0

Hi,
I would also check the student/new grad/intern area of the companies website that you are wanting to work for:
http://careers.ea.com/students

There are different ways to apply for interships and programs for new college graduates as well.

You could do some research into other gaming companies and companies that work with EA Games as well, even if you started working for another company, you could make some contacts at EA Games. I do admire that you are so focused and know what you want to do at a young age...Good luck! :)

0

Kris’s Answer

0

Hey Shubham,

Your best bet will be applying for a graduate scheme with EA and be ready to provided a portfolio of work to demonstrate your expertise. Don't be disheartened if you are not successful, gaming is a highly competitive industry and in the beginning it can take multiple applications to get the job you want, and a whole bunch of luck.

You want to be taking as much time as you can now to stack the deck in your favor; try and find any game developer jobs you can to gain experience in a professional environment and make yourself a more desirable candidate. If you can pick up some freelance work now, say for a small mobile app company, great! Take it and get it on your CV. Show you have the initiative and passion to be successful, that EA would be better off for having you as an employee.

I wish you the best of luck Shubham!

0

Whitney’s Answer

0

All of the advice above is good, but I would like to add one other thing. Make games! if you want to be paid to make games, you should be writing them on your own too! This will do a few things for you. First, it's great experience (and looks great on the resume)! Second, it shows your passion. And lastly, its a good way to make sure you actually enjoy making games (as opposed to other programming endeavors).

yes now lam working on game maker and planning to learn unity3d Shubham B. Translate
0

Joe’s Answer

0

I would recommend that you also consider doing an internship at some of the above companies (e.g. Zynga, EA, Activision, Ubisoft, etc.). That will give you a better understanding of the industry and the roles involved. It will also allow you to try out your field of study to see if it is really something you want to do,

0

Mark’s Answer

0

Make sure you have an interesting game with polished code that you can talk about during any interviews, because they will want to see your work. Make sure you have other people look through it first so that they can give you advice and help you put your best foot forward.

0