What kind of jobs can I get with a political science degree?

3

I am switching my major from biology to political science and I'm just wondering what kind of jobs can i get with this degree. #science #political-science

3

Katie’s Answer

0

Traditionally political major students then go into law, however the skills you gain in communication prepares you for a wide range of career choices such as, journalism, personal relations, or campaign management. The skills you pick up will translate well into other fields that require interpersonal relationships.

thank you for your kind wishes harithana M. Translate
0

James’s Answer

0

Hello Jarrin,

Even though I do not personally have a degree in political science, I was able to research the specific question you asked. I found the website for the American Political Science Association which offered some really detailed information about political science careers. According to the aforementioned website, "A bachelor's degree in political science can lead to exciting careers in federal, state and local governments; law; business; international organizations; nonprofit associations and organizations; campaign management and polling; journalism; pre-collegiate education; electoral politics; research and university and college teaching" ("Careers in Political Science," n.d.). The website also has an extensive list of specific careers available to individuals with political science degrees. The link to the website will be included as a part of my references. If you have any further question, please feel free to post them here. As always, thank you for sharing your question with Career Village!

References:

Careers in Political Science. (n.d.). American Political Science Association. Retrieved April 5, 2015, from http://www.apsanet.org/careersinpoliticalscience

0

Maija’s Answer

0

I minored in Political Science, many of my friends who majored in Political Science did everything from go on to law school to bet elected to State legislature. There are many opportunities for internships and introductory jobs with government agencies in D.C and elsewhere. My friend who currently serves as a State Representative, was an intern in Congress and worked on many local campaigns before running himself.

0