HI. HOW CAN I KNOW THAT MY CAREER IS FIT FOR ME!!!??

I HAVE A LOT OF CAREERS WANT TO BE SOMETIMES , BUT I DONT KNOW WHICH ONE IS I WANT TO! HELP! #any

6

Roger’s Answer

Not sure if this has been covered already, but most schools administer career interest tests to help determine "fit". If you are not in school, there are often not-for-profit agencies that can do this kind of testing. You may want to contact your local county mental health department for referrals.

0

Wael’s Answer

Mandy, the first thing you need to do is take a long look at your grades and point out the subjects you are good at. Second, you need to look at your hobbies and what you enjoy. Put these together and find the career that simulate them. The career you come to might not cover all your strengths and what you enjoy, but it would be right one for you.

0

Nora’s Answer

I'd suggest you try a number of different jobs out or take classes in a variety of areas and that should give you an idea of what you want to do. Also, just remember that no career is perfect and so you will always experience pros and cons with each job you do. In the end you should try to find something that generally excites you and you are interested in but of course understand that at the end of the day, work is work!

0

Natalia’s Answer

Hi Mandy!

Thank you so much for your great question! I'm happy to tell you that we get this question a lot, so you could check all of these existing answers:

https://careervillage.org/questions/6626/what-career-would-fit-me-best

https://careervillage.org/questions/7691/how-do-i-decide-which-career-is-best-for-me

If you think your question is different, please update it and clarify exactly what it is you're looking for or post a new question!

Natalia

0

Michelle’s Answer

Hi
You can take a career test at school or google free career tests and it will help you look at the options that fit your personality. You should have taken one in computer classes or in 8th grade. There are some very big ones that can be expensive but the free ones give you ideas to look at and find what you are good at is about trying things and see how you feel. Community college is a great place to figure some of this out as you can switch majors but if it is a related field it will make it easier on you to find your interest and skill level.
Michelle

0