How do I build a resume that shows experience in teaching, but highlights my new career field in health care?

1
1

Lissa’s Answer

0

Hello Stephanie,

When building your resume, keep in mind that it needs to be as accurate as possible because this document is the first professional contact that you will have with a potential employer. With that being said, you do not want to "embellish" your skills or experience...as, they will be checked out. However, consider how your teaching experience is related to the health care field. Are there any skills or duties that are related to both fields? If so, highlight those particular skills and explain how they transcend from one field into the next.

Unfortunately, changing career fields is very much like starting over altogether. Therefore, it may take some time to rebuild your resume. In order to add more health care experience to put on your resume, consider volunteering or an internship.

I hope this has been helpful. Good luck to you in your new career...however, it's always sad to lose an educator!!

0

n’s Answer

0
You could list it under skills, and highlight your work experience in chronological order.
0