Skip to main content
5 answers
8
Updated 862 views

I'm a 16–17-year-old high school student, and I'm finding it difficult to find online volunteer opportunities that can help me strengthen my CV. I would really appreciate it if you could recommend volunteer programs or organizations that accept teenagers and high school students my age. I'm genuinely very interested in volunteering and would love opportunities that allow me to develop my skills, gain experience, and make a meaningful impact.?

I'm a 16–17-year-old high school student, and I'm finding it difficult to find online volunteer opportunities that can help me strengthen my CV. I would really appreciate it if you could recommend volunteer programs or organizations that accept teenagers and high school students my age. I'm genuinely very interested in volunteering and would love opportunities that allow me to develop my skills, gain experience, and make a meaningful impact.


8

5 answers


0
Updated
Share a link to this answer
Share a link to this answer

Rebecca’s Answer

I looked up some ideas to help you get started! I see you're based in Morocco and I hope these options work for you.

Medical: The American Red Cross has youth volunteer opportunities. I don't see anything requiring you to be in the U.S., but you'll have to investigate further.

Social: You can write letters to seniors online with Love for Our Elders. I don't see anything on their website about location limitations. Also, you can become e-Buddies with a person with intellectual and developmental disabilities through Best Buddies, which specifically says it's open to teens anywhere in the world who are over 13 and speak English.

Education: Learn To Be accepts volunteer tutors of all ages, including high school students. They specifically say you can "teach students online from any location" which sounds promising.

Technology: Mozilla accepts volunteers to help with translation, coding, and customer support. I cannot find any age or location restrictions.

In-person volunteering could also be an option for you. When I was in high school, I volunteered in-person at my church and loved it! If you're religious, you can ask someone at your organization if there are any volunteer opportunities for teens. You can also ask at your school. School officials may need volunteer help for your school or may know of people in your community that need help. Volunteering in-person can require more time and energy, but I found it very rewarding and a great opportunity for a letter for recommendation, which is why I still suggested it.
Thank you comment icon Thanks for the advice. Kawtar
0
0
Updated
Share a link to this answer
Share a link to this answer

Wong’s Answer

There are many online volunteer opportunities available for high school students, although some organizations may require you to be at least 18 years old or have parental consent. The key is to focus on opportunities where you can make a real contribution while developing valuable skills.

You can look for online volunteering opportunities with local nonprofits, youth organizations, or community groups. If you cannot find formal volunteer roles because of your age, consider creating your own impact. You could tutor younger students online, help a local nonprofit with social media, design posters or websites for community organizations, etc. These experiences are just as valuable because they demonstrate initiative, leadership, and commitment.
0
0
Updated
Share a link to this answer
Share a link to this answer

victoria’s Answer

The best volunteer work for high school students matches personal interests and future goals while building real skills. Top options include tutoring younger kids, helping at local libraries, walking dogs at animal shelters, sorting food at pantries, or assisting with environmental cleanups.
0
0
Updated
Share a link to this answer
Share a link to this answer

Guille’s Answer

Contact the organizations you're interested in volunteering with, and I'm sure someone will offer you a chance.
Thank you comment icon Thank you for giving me advice. Kawtar
0
0
Updated
Share a link to this answer
Share a link to this answer

Mike’s Answer

Hello Kawtar. To maybe help in narrowing down volunteer opportunities, can you tell us what your interests, or preferred career path is? According to your tag phrases it looks like you may be interested in pursuing a career in the medical field. In that case you may want to look into Moroccan Red Crescent (Croissant-Rouge Marocain). This organization contains a youth engagement program with local chapters to train in first aid and help with community health drives. Best of luck!

Mike recommends the following next steps:

Moroccan Red Crescent - https://www.ifrc.org/our-work/inclusion-protection-and-engagement/youth-engagement
0