how do you cope with stress
I have always struggled with stress management but in the past few years, I have learnt new techniques which help me cope with stress in an effective manner.
- Sleep is very important. I didn't really think sleep impacted stress at all but whenever I fix my sleeping schedule and get 8 -9 hrs of sleep, I feel great and refreshed!
- Entertainment. Whenever I am stressed over something, I give myself a break and do something fun such as watching TV, surfing the internet, spending time with family or even socializing with friends. It is a nice escape from stress and makes me feel relaxed and happy.
- Not the end of the world. Remember that no matter what happens, it NOT THE END OF THE WORLD. For example, a lot of students stress over school and failing courses. If that's the case with you, then just tell yourself that failing a course won't be a big deal. You just re-take the course and move on with your life because you have a lot more other things to think about rather than just stressing over a Failed course
- Talk to adults. Older adults are far more experienced in life than the younger ones. It is best to talk to them and get some great advice because it helps you feel relieved!
Hope these techniques help you cope with stress :)
For me Felipe, I always pray in the morning and put a mirror and pictures of my family to remember who I am doing it for which sets up my positive stress-less atmosphere. Then Listen to music, play little mind games, and draw throughout the day to get through.
- Avoid Caffeine, Alcohol, and Nicotine. ...
- Indulge in Physical Activity. ...
- Get More Sleep. ...
- Yoga / meditation. ...
- Talk to Someone. ...
- Keep a Stress Diary. ...
- Me Time.
- go to the beach or on a hike
- Disconnect from technology
- Identify cause of stress
- Do nothing
I cope with stress by finding outlets to relieve my body of the negative tension. I draw, walk my dog, play with my cat, and do things I enjoy to get the endorphins pumping. Its definitely important to relax so the stress doesn't build up which can lead to serious medical issues. Also be able to let minor things go and not to sweat the small stuff. Your energy is important. Put it towards what's important and take care of yourself. Eat well and get plenty of sleep.
Take a deep breath and try to relax. Count to 10 if you're really stressed.
There are a lot of great ways to deal with stress but my number 1 way to deal with my stress is to dance. I love to dance and it keeps my mind from all the stressful things that I may go through from day to day. It also helps you stay in shape and keeps your respiratory system running the way it needs to. Always just make sure that what ever you do to relieve your stress you love to do. As long as you love to do it it will always be a stress reliever for you.
I cope with stress by listening to all types of music!!
Coping with stress with sometimes our most difficult day to day task! However, I like to make sure that I maintain a steady sleep schedule and work life balance!