What is the best thing you could do for yourself while studying to become an educator?

Updated Lakeland, Florida

What resources or thing like that may help me to further become an educator? #teacher #college

Ciji’s Answer

Updated Morrisville, North Carolina

I would recommend first and foremost to get in as much time as you can in diverse education settings. This will better prepare you for potential career opportunities you may receive in the future.

The next thing I recommend is try your best to stay clear of student debt. Depending on the area, salaries for teachers can be low and a four year degree can be costly. The less you have a to pay back post graduation the more you will have to provide for your own needs.

Lastly, I would recommend noting or taking pictures of anything that you see others doing that will help you in your future classroom. Setting up your first classroom can be overwhelming but if you have some classroom management tips and tricks from seasoned professionals it will help relieve some of the stress. Good luck to you!

Reynolds’s Answer

Updated Tampa, Florida

I would recommend volunteering and or working part time in the field as much as possible.