- What is expected from me? Make sure you have a clear understanding of what your boss and his bosses expect from you. This serves 2 purposes: you know what you need to do. Makes sure that you are in line with the overall company goals.
- How do I make my boss a hero? Whether at home or work, you should always thinking about what you do and how it affects your boss.
- This step requires you do some work; figure out where you want to be in 5 /10 years. Are you moving towards or away from that person in your current job. What do I need to do to move towards my 5 year goal.
Greg recommends the following next steps:
- Jobs duties and responsibilities?
- What makes my boss a success and how do I help get him into that position?
- What is my 5 year and 10 years career goals?
- Write those 3 questions down and based on the info above answer them. Print the answers out, put them on your wall and hold yourself accountable.