What are jobs 14 year olds can get?

I need a job for 13 year olds and up. #job-search #14year+

Bob’s Answer

Hi Jazmin - the legal working age in the US is 14 so there should be a number of options for you - but i would encourage you to think about what you like as a starting point. A few things that come to mind:

1. Customer Service/retail jobs: Working in store, coffee shop, etc. Do you like helping people? Are you friendly? Could you manage a cash register?
  2. Are you creative? Do you make things? Are there things you could make that people would buy?
  3. Is there a family business you could help with?
  4. Odd jobs: dog walking, babysitting, cleaning, etc.

I always loved music and got a job in the local record store when I was a teenager, it was cool!

Bob recommends the following next steps:

• Really think about what you like doing and where you like spending your time and see if there are opportunities in that area.
Thanks for your help! Jazmin M.

Chelsey’s Answer

Hi Jazmin,

I applaud you for your initiative and being proactive with your job search! The legal working age in the US is 14 - so now is the time to start researching positions that would be a good match for your skills and interests. Customer service jobs are a great way to enhance your soft skills and expand your network.

Babysitting, dog walking, gardening - these are great options as well. Good luck!

Thanks for the help! Jazmin M.