What jobs hire at 15

Asked Commerce City, Colorado

I like working by my self because i get work done more quicky. I like eletronics #jobs

Dave’s Answer

Updated Portland, Oregon

At 15, you will find it hard to find many jobs that are going to pay well, or are much more that either retail or in the food industry.

This is mainly due to the time constraints put on the company by your state, and your previous experience.

This should not discourage you though, and any job can give you experience that you can then use to find something better. Or, work hard in the job that you get and move up in position to either something that you like to do, or something different that can give you even more experience.

Plus, I really believe that everyone should work in the food industry at least once to really get a feeling for how hard it can be, and have more empathy for those that are in it.

Dave recommends the following next steps:

• Even though it might be in the food industry or retail, try and get a job in something you like. i.e. if you like video games, try and get a job at a game store, or if you really like pizza, get a job at a pizza joint. It makes the job just a little more enjoyable.

Paul’s Answer

Updated New York, New York

Every state is different as far as the legal age to work but generally speaking, the only businesses that hire as young as 15 are the fast food restaurants. That being said, even if you can't find something in electronics, you can still develop time management, customer service and communication skills that will be helpful later on in your career.