How do most people enter this profession?

3

I am a 17 year old black woman who is a senior in high school aspiring to be a Business Continuity Planner. #business #marketing #management

3

Monica’s Answer

0

Hi there, I entered the tech industry right away following college. Step 1 - go to college. Choose a major that matches the type of job you wish to do. I wasn't sure what I wanted to do and was a Communications Major. Immediately following college, and during with Internships and part-time jobs, it's important to choose your first job based on the company and industry, even more than the role and starting pay. Look for a company that you can learn from...you want to be around people who are doing jobs similar to the one you want. The most important thing in your first job is to learn.

0

Melissa’s Answer

0

Hi,

I entered the tech field about 3 years ago. I studied Marketing Communications in college, and my career evolved to keep up with evolving marketing methodologies, which led to a more digital role (email marketing, SEO, etc).

0