What are some other healthcare careers that get over looked?

1

I would like to be an occupational therapist but I want to be sure that is what I want to do #ot #occupational-therapy

1

Corinne’s Answer

0

I think it is important to ask yourself what do you want your job/career to look like ? and that has many questions, especially in health care . Do you want to work directly with people, or behind the scenes, what are your interests/ hobbies, how are your grades re physics/chemistry etc as that opens /closes doors in health care .

Other options dentistry , orthodontia for similar years in school.

Physician.

Nurse Practioner .

Audiologist / SLP.

Public Health .

Health care administration, or health care law .

But if your goal is to help people to live full productive lives, from infancy to old age , OT is the best one to accomplish that as it combines science , psychology and functional living . I am an OT for 32 years and still love it every day .

If you choose OT you must commit to the OTD to compete with your peers, and it will open doors to academia , research etc .

I hope that kind of helps.

0