What are the most important things i should know about being a mechanical engineer?

3

I am interested in #mechanical #automotive #mechanical-engineering #engineering due to the fact I am a person who loves to do hands-on work

3

Rickey’s Answer

0
Hi Jyorikka,

For mechanical engineering is one of the oldest and best known engineering professions in the world. It's a broad and diverse field as there are a variety of different areas within mechanical engineering you can specialize in such as design engineering, sales engineering, mechatronics/robotics engineering, automotive engineering, aerospace engineering and more.

It's also important to research mechanical engineering universities and groups that you can talk to gather more information about the profession.

My friends who are mechanical engineers in the field are always in demand, so if your interested, I would say its a good decision to make on your part.

0

Rickey’s Answer

0
Hi Jyorikka,

0

Filipe’s Answer

0

Let me enumerate what for me are the most important:

1. always remember that you are a engineer that is specialized in mechanical engineering. Learning from other engineering areas can improve you professionally and bring new solutions to old problems.
  2. mechanical engineering is a broad field, so you are probably going to specialize in one of its fields. It’s important to understand all fields related with mechanical engineering but not everyone knows everything and that is ok.
  3. mechanical engineering is a old engineering that is always evolving. Mechanical engineering is one of the oldest engineering’s but to this day is one of the most technologically advanced ones, so keep update to new trends.

Filipe recommends the following next steps:

• Look for mechanical engineering associations
  • Visit universities and talk with professors from the area
0