Can I have good grades but not so good SAT scores ?

1

I have never got a grade lower than a c + but i am not to good at taking tests. Do they look over everything ? #college #testing

1

Ricardo’s Answer

0
You don't necessarily have to have the best grades to get into college, but the better your grades to more likely you will have a chance of getting into a good college. For example any major college or university 9 out of 10 times you will need to have good grades or a good grade point average to get accepted. I remember when I got accepted into the Academy Of Art University four years ago, the school didn't require a certain grade point average or certain amount of credits for me to get in.

Also you can always start off at a community college first, that way you won't have to worry about having good SAT test scores first, then when you start to apply to a four year college, you have to time to study and they you can worry about having good SAT test scores.

1. Have a list of schools that you would like to go to that way you will already know what the requirements are.
2.Talk to a a student adviser so they can help you out in picking which school is best for you.
3.Contact each school and make an appointment with them to see if that particular is a good fit you.
0

David J.’s Answer

0

Hi Brenda,

You can have good grades but not so good SAT scores. Some colleges and universities are dropping SAT or ACT scores as requirements for admissions, looking more towards your high school grades. Like you, my standardized test-taking skills are not the best. The university I attended put minimal weight on my scores (and have dropped SATs altogether as a requirement now) and focused more on my high school grades.

Another option is to retake the SATs or possibly take the ACT to earn higher scores. You may also want to consider a community college if the college/university you want to attend requires SAT scores of a certain value. If you attend the community college for two years and earn your Associate's degree many institutions will not require or will waive SAT requirements with your degree.

Dr. Ross

David J. recommends the following next steps:

• Make a list of the colleges and universities you are interested in.
  • Visit each institution's admissions site to see what is required for admission, including SAT or ACT scores as a required or not required, recommended, or not considered. Try to find out from the Admissions office how heavily SATs are weighted in the process.
  • If the colleges and universities you want to attend require SAT or ACT scores higher than you scored then consider retaking the SATs, or take the ACTs, or attend a community college to earn an Associate's degree and then apply to the college or university as a transfer student.
0