How do doctors deal with corona?

3
3

Alexandria’s Answer

0
While I'm not a doctor myself, a very close friend of mine is. At work, he is washing his hands and changing gloves even more than usual. He is wearing additional personal protective equipment (PPE) including a face shield on top of his face mask. When leaving work, he changes out of his scrubs and when he arrives home he goes straight to the shower and puts hit clothes in the washing machine directly. During his days off, he is staying home and practicing social distancing if he has go out for essentials. These are just some of the ways he is trying to protect himself and reduce exposing his family and others to the virus.
0

Rahul’s Answer

0
I am maintaining a fair degree of social distancing from my patients and family members, at the risk of alienating both these sets of individuals. I am also keeping abreast of the latest information on this topic, while participating in regular academic discussions. While, I am most concerned about the safety of my family, I am also aware that there is a acute dearth of beds available for patients in the corporate sector. My messages to those that I know have not yielded a satisfactory response. Will I get a bed, if I become ill tomorrow ?
0

0
My hospital is taking appropriate precautions.

.Everyone wears a mask. If there is a procedure with a possible covid+ patient we also wear N95 under our regular mask.
.All non urgent procedures are postponed.
.Visitors are limited
.Each room with possible covid+ patient is decontaminated appropriately after the procedure.

However I am not in the ICU or ER. Those people are on the front lines and do take more risks.
0