What are easy meals to cook for myself while in college/medschool?

5
5

Angela D.’s Answer

0
Super fun question! If you have a a full kitchen, then the possibilities are endless. You can Google "easy meals for college students". If you're limited to a microwave and a dorm/hotel size refrigerator, then you'll need to get a little creative. Frozen food is generally pretty expensive per meal, but fine when you want to splurge for a Saturday night type of thing. There are single serving non-refrigerated meals, such as soups, pasta, canned meats and tuna, etc. Breads, pretzels, chips, nuts, etc., will also stay fresh for some time. Apples, bananas, oranges, grapefruit, lemons, and limes don't need to be refrigerated and you can also buy fruit cups. You can also buy individual mayonnaise, mustard, and ketchup packets online (be nice and don't stock up at fast food restaurants!). No matter how you cook, spices are essential for tasty meals. I recommend iodized sea salt, a pepper grinder, ground white pepper, chili pepper, garlic powder, dried minced onion, dried chives, dried parsley, curry, Italian seasoning, rosemary, thyme, sage, oregano, cumin, chipotle powder, cinnamon, and sugar. Fresh spices are always best, but shelf spices work just fine too. Have fun playing with flavors and this will keep you well nourished with "brain" food for your studying and socializing with your culinary skills...wishing you the best in your endeavors, Dr. B
0

Blake’s Answer

0
Hey Henry,

There are a lot of different meals that you can make, but I would recommend ramen noodles. There are many variations that can be made from ramen noodles.

Thanks,
Blake
0

Riley’s Answer

0
In my dorm room, I only really had room for a minifridge (with a freezer) and microwave, which is how I made all of my food! Honestly, I did not do much cooking in my room but one thing that I did often took a microwave mac and cheese cup, make it according to the instructions. Then I would microwave a bag of frozen vegetables and mix these two together in a Tupperware. This made instant mac and cheese enough to last two meals, as well as adding a bit more nutritional value! I always kept butter, salt, and pepper on hand to make this taste a little better. I also used to keep instant oatmeal and fresh strawberries or bananas around for a quick and healthy breakfast.
0

Syed’s Answer

0
Hi Henry,

Get comfortable making the different kinds of simple egg dishes. They always come in handy in a pinch. Also learn how to make different kinds of chicken dishes as this is usually the cheapest meat.
0

Jasanpreet Kaur’s Answer

0
Youtube, is the solution of your query. But, make sure you have all the ingredients with you.

Here is the link for your help:
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=quick+meals+to+make+at+home

I hope it helps.

Note: Don't forget to plan your day ahead. So that you can buy all your ingredients!
0