how and where can i find opportunities for volunteer work?

I would like to do some volunteer work to build up my CV specifically for the topic of medicine do you have any options or advice for where to volunteer? #volunteer #biology #internship #doctor

10

Lucas’s Answer

As other answers have said, right now a lot of volunteering is going to have to be done at home. There are still plenty of opportunities, however! If you can sew or knit, making face masks out of old materials and donating them to hospitals could be one way to do it. On your CV or Resume, you would put the place you volunteered at whatever hospital you donate the face masks to, and then write about the amount you donated, why it is important, etc. Additionally, you can also make cards for children sick in hospitals. There are a number of charities that do this- http://www.cardsforhospitalizedkids.com/ is one of them that I have used to volunteer. There are instructions on the website, just follow them and spend as much time as you want making the cards and sending them off and they really make a difference in the lives of these kids! For your CV or Resume, you would put "volunteer for Cards for Hospitalized Kids" and then describe what you did and the impact you hoped to make.

0

Jemima A.’s Answer

It is good that you have choosen to volunteer. It is a way of gaining experience,making impact and building your CV.

You have to decide what kind of voluntary work you want to do. Get your documents ready to apply too.

You could search of jobs in your area or where would be convenient for you.

You can also think of volunteering online. Research for volunteering jobs online. CareerVillage is one

All the best

0

Darin’s Answer

COVID has made volunteering different but not impossible. There's options out there, both virtually and in person. Prior to COVID I did a lot of volunteering through my work. When COVID lockdown happened all my opportunities were canceled. I turned to virtual volunteering and recently found an opportunity nearby for in person volunteering packing food for seniors. I turned to places like my works volunteer program to help in my search to online volunteer search sites like volunteer match, united way and local food banks. For you trying to find volunteer opportunities with medical I'd recommend looking at volunteer match and contacting local hospitals and doctor offices

0

Dexter’s Answer

Hi Alisa,

I really like recommending catchafire.org as it provides specific, project based volunteering opportunities. There are many organizations looking for volunteers (just search for "health"). :)

I hope that helps!

--
Dexter

0

Jillian’s Answer

Hi Alisa, although I don't work in the medical field, I would start by reaching out to local hospitals. If you have the ability to search for a hospital online, and get to their webpage, some may have links to volunteer. You could also reach out to your local doctor offices and give them a call. If they aren't able to have you volunteer maybe they could give you some names and numbers of places willing and able to take on volunteers. I hope this helps get you started in the right direction. Best of luck!

Jillian recommends the following next steps:

research local hospitals online
call hospitals
call doctor offices

0

Gina’s Answer

Hello-- I would definitely check online resources....research local hospitals online or check job sites and other career sites like LinkedIn,
You could also contact hospitals, clinics, doctors offices for suggestions.

0

Look for free clinics in your area. Also look at your local hospital. Once the pandemic ends, there should be plenty of opportunities opening up.

0