2
Updated 622 views Translate

How prepared should I be for a college like Johnson and Whales?

I'm an aspiring culinary student who would love to be able to attend Johnson and Whales University, but i believe my high school culinary teacher isn't teaching me enough to be prepared for such a fine school. #chef #cooking #culinary #culinary-arts #baking #cooking-and-baking #culinary-skills

2

0

Rosie’s Answer

Hello Oscar,

Congratulations on knowing you want a career in food service! The job of your high school culinary instructor is to show you what a great opportunity you can have as a chef, looks like they were successful doing this as you would like to pursue this career! You should thank them for doing a great job!
Johnson and Whales will teach you everything you want to know in detail about food. Be ready to work hard and they will do the rest!
Remember have fun and do what you love!

Hope this helps!

R

0
0

Dada’s Answer

Hi Oscar ,

Sorry to hear that your culinary trainer is not teaching you enough or the way you want to ,

Get a cook book that teaches best carving , chopping , culinary technique.
Try & familiarize yourself with all the bakers & mini - restaurant chefs to learn cooking food professionally free of cost or at a bare minimum - Hands on knowldge of culinery techique and art should be primary focus and then cooking .
Ever heard of "Julia Child" . Get the Cooking kit ready .

You don't have to cook fancy or complicated masterpieces - just good food from fresh ingredients - Julia :)

All the best Oscar !
0