Where do finance majors get jobs?

Asked Yonkers, New York

I want to become a finance major
#finance

Arun’s Answer

Updated Bengaluru, Karnataka, India

Loan Officer: A loan officer, functions as the liaison or intermediary between an institution that provides personal and business loans to consumers and the applicants for a loan. Accountant: Accounting is one of the top careers in the financial industry because it’s such a valuable position to companies across the globe. Financial Analyst: There are several types of financial analyst jobs, but the basics of the position remain the same. Junior Tax Associate: Many people are waiting on reform to make taxes simpler and ease the headache. However, even if the reform happens, people and businesses will still need help figuring out this aspect of their finances. That is why a position as a junior tax associate is one of the best entry level finance jobs. Financial Auditor: An auditor keeps a close eye on a company’s financial statements, checking for accuracy and any red flags. This is a competitive field, since there is so much opportunity for growth and it is such a high-trust position

Rupam’s Answer

Updated Kolkata, West Bengal, India

As a finance major, you learn the craft of providing, using, managing and growing money and dealing with the risks of business projects and financial markets. Banks, corporate executives, would-be homeowners, parents with future college students, investors and retirees will rely on your analysis of financial data, market trends and economic conditions. Depending on your job, your advice may affect such decisions as stock picks, car and home loans or corporate mergers.

Monique’s Answer

Updated Geneva, Switzerland

I have a finance major and have worked in numerous roles in large international companies (trading, luxury watches). The finance background has allowed me to really grow within organizations and it's a real asset. If you can understand financial flows and calculations it's quite interesting the number of doors which it opens. You can work in banks, trading companies, insurances and large private / public organizations. I suggest that once you are in college to really specialize in an area of finance (accounting, stock market.. etc) to better determine where you want to work. It's a great career choice and today an important role in all organizations.

I have a bachelors in finance and it gives you numerous options. I have worked as financial advisor to help people choose retirement options. I have worked as an underwriter for financing auto loans and mortgage loans. I would suggest trying to get an internship and try to work 2 or 3 different jobs in college and see which one you like best. You get great satisfaction from either of these jobs as you are either helping someone save for retirement or helping someone get a home loan which can be the biggest purchase of his or her lifetime.

Karthik’s Answer

Updated Bengaluru, Karnataka, India

The following are some of the industries where finance majors get their jobs.

1. Banks 2.Stocks and Shares
  2. Most of the Software companies
  3. All engineering industries have finance division

Mohan’s Answer

Updated Bengaluru, Karnataka, India

Banking Financial Advisors Financial Analysts Financial Managers Brokers and Investment Bankers