What's is a good minor that goes well with business?

I really want to explore other fields and I possibly would want to minor in a subject that can compliment my business major. business

3
Pros
3
0

Ben’s Answer

Best of the Village

Hi Lilian!

What are you interested besides business? You could pursue a minor in some of your interests. I'm not sure what concentration of business you are in, but I will tell you some of my suggestions.

These MY own personal top 5 minors I'd pursue if I was in your shoes:
1. Economics-Having a decent understanding of economics will make you a more attractive candidate. I'm pursuing a minor in Econ, its super related to the business world. This minor shows that you can think analytically.
2. Advertising- l am biased here since I'm an Ad major! I find it interesting how to advertise a product or service in the market place, creating campaign concepts, and learning how to deal with clients.
3. Public Relations- You learn to manage relationships between a company and its clients, customers, shareholders, the media,
4. Communications- You learn how to effectively communicate and write ideas with others.
5. Psychology-In business you are constantly dealing with people, so it could be useful to understand their behaviors.

I only have experience in Economics, Advertising and minimal experience in communications, but I have friends who are majoring/majored in these other topics and they're pretty successful right now. I believe these minors will beautifully complement a business degree. I personally would want to take classes in all of these topics, but I don't want to be stuck in college forever haha, so I'm only focusing on Advertising and Economics right now! Well anyways, I hope you find what you are looking for! Feel free to ask me more questions in comments below! :D

Ben

I agree with Ben and his suggestions and would add Marketing. Marketing is the science of motivating someone to look further at a product or service. I believe Advertising stems from that. It is the piece that develops interest to learn more and obtain details before buying (sales). Paul Hauber
1
Pros
1
0

suraj’s Answer

Languages are always valuable. Spanish is the an international language claiming more native speakers globally than any other except Mandarin. One of the other benefits is its foundation in latin. This will make French, Italian and to some degree Portuguese easier to pick up. Learning a second language may also give you the impetus to learn even more, link the aforementioned Mandarin. Psychology is also valuabl for business as it can give you insight into understanding people. A valuable tool in managing teams and even management consulting.

0

Rathan’s Answer

Employers dont care what your minor is, but choosing a minor thats advances your skills could be pretty important, its not all about whats on paper

0