3

(College Student) Have you ever heard of TRiO at your school? Tell me about your experience with it?

#college #college-advice #graduate-school #TRiO #support

Thank you comment icon Hey EG, can you tell us more about what TriO is? Gurpreet Lally, Admin

3

1

Racheal’s Answer

Hello. I have heard of Trio and I was in the program for undergrad at Purdue University. It is a wrap around program to make sure First generation students get all the resources and support needed to graduate. They have staff that is available for you as mentors and assistant to help you navigate your undergraduate career. There is also an opportunity to gain work study opportunities within the program (it was at Purdue).
You get to meet other first-generation students so it will be a bit easier to have a social support system, especially at a big school such as Purdue.
I would encourage you to see the program as a way to help you become better prepared for the world post-graduate. Know you have a safe haven during your undergraduate career. Good luck!
Thank you comment icon You rock! This advice is very helpful. E G.
Thank you comment icon You are so welcome. Enjoy college life! Racheal Noble, Ph.D., LMFT, LPC, NCC
1
0

Jazhel’s Answer

I work for State College of Florida (SCF) and we have a TRIO program at the college. It caters to first-generation/low-income students. The students get guidance and support towards their Associates degree or Certificate to transfer to an undergraduate program or the workplace. The program is remarkable and the staff is amazing! I interact with them from time to time working in graduation and they truly are devoted. I recommend checking it out at your school if it is available. It's a good way to get acquainted with the program itself and how it helps students. Here is a link to the program from SCF, https://www.scf.edu/StudentServices/TRIO/. Best of luck!
0