8
Updated 273 views

Is it ok to email a recruiter?

I was contacted by a recruiter for a position a year back and was not interested at the time, so I respectfully declined. I still have this recruiters email and wanted to ask them about another position at the same company that I have applied for currently since its been more than 2 weeks since I've heard back.

Would it be ok to contact them being like "hey I saved your email"?

Obviously I would say something more formal asking about the application/position but I'm not sure what. Any suggestions?

8

2

Madi’s Answer

Hi Sam,

You can definitely reach out to the recruiter again. You should refresh their memory on the previous contact you had (the position, time period, etc) and tell them about the role you're applying for now. You can also ask for more information about the role, if they're able to put you in contact with someone who currently is in that role, the application process timeline, etc.
2
2

Sunil’s Answer

Yes, it is definitely ok to reach out to the recruiter. You can just introduce yourself and remind the recruiter about your earlier interaction, inform them that you have a position of interest that you have applied for, and request her if she can help you in reaching the recruiter for the applied position.

Usually, recruiters help in connecting job seekers to the right recruiter contacts within the company. Hope this helps. Good luck with your job search.
2
1

Suri’s Answer

Hi Sam,

Yes you can you can definitely reach out to the recruiter and give yourself a brief introduction about yourself in the email along with Resume attached to the email, so that they can help you. It is always good to reach out to the people. As other mentioned above it would helpful to refresh their memory about your previous interaction.
1
1

Tyler’s Answer

Hi Sam!

I'm a Recruiter and I LOVE when my candidates email me! Especially those who I've connected with in the past and reach back out to discuss the position again.

I would encourage you to reach back out to that recruiter. Give them a little update on life (where you are now, what you're looking for, etc.) - I'm sure they would love to discuss the opportunity with you again!
1
1

Theresa’s Answer

Absolutely! As a former recruiter, I was always happy to help any candidates that I had worked with. Since recruiters work with so many people, it would be helpful to remind them of your previous interaction.
1
0

Erin’s Answer

Yes, a good recruiter will be happy to assist in connecting you with the position you applied for, or help you find option job opportunities. Recruiters are often very well connected with businesses in their field, and are very useful in helping you find a job that would be a good fit for you. I would not hesitate to reach out and let them know you are actively looking.
0
0

Joshua’s Answer

Yes, they need you more than you need them. Reach out to other recruiters so you can have multiple connections. Look for job opportunities yourself as well. Never stay with just one recruiter or job in your career it's great to have options. That's the only way you can know how much you are truly worth $ wise.
0
0

Victor’s Answer

Hi Sam,

I think that's great, as a recruiter I will never get mad for candidates to reach out to me after they said there were not interested. It's ok to email them after a while and show interest; we are always looking for candidates.
0