8

How to get a job without any skill or experience?

Hi, I'm new to the market and I don't think I have anything to offer companies. My father insists on me to work as a construction worker or as an electrician but I don't like the environment nor the profession. I don't know how to proceed, especially in an increasingly competitive market. I need a job so I can pay for my education and college (which I haven't decided on yet) and as well as other bills as my parents are not going to help me if I ever choose anything else they prefer me becoming.

8

1

Flora’s Answer

Companies look for a lot of different items, such as personality, favorite school subjects, maybe your hobbies. Everyone has something to offer.
Have you looked into on the job training or jobs that help pay for your education?
Thank you comment icon Agreed! There are always entry-level jobs that are hiring and many may even offer tuition reimbursement. Lauren Madison
1
0

Alini’s Answer

Hello. I would say that you need to know what you would like to do. If you are a student you can apply for some internship program as in Bank or other factories or companies. You need to do a curriculum, look for on line opportunities . During the interview you need to demonstrate attitude, optimism and your main qualities. If you really want a position you need to study about the company, the role and what you can contribute. You need to describe in your curriculum your main qualities.
0
0

Lauren’s Answer

I highly recommend working in the service industry as a first job. It’s fairly easy to get a position as a host/hostess or server and there’s potential to make a lot of money. I worked at a restaurant in high school and made enough money to pay for college. I also kept the job after college to make extra money on the weekends while working a full-time job during the week. The service industry is a really great humbling experience and teaches you a lot about customer service and teamwork plus it can be a really fun environment where you make lifelong friends.

Also Samuel, you sound very smart and well spoken. I’m sure you have so much to offer an employer. 😊
0
0

Evandro’s Answer

Hi Samuel,

This is a GREAT question!

I think you need to start to find what you like to do in your day by day activities. Listen your parents but also listen your friends and family and ask then what they think you do great. Reflect about it! After identify your preferences try to watch some youtube videos related this topic and if you want find in the Linkedin some professional that´s already working in your preference areas and send a mensage to them (if possible set up some phone call to know better about the area ;D).

You mentioned " I don't think I have anything to offer companies"... we always have somenthing to offer to our family, community and companies. When we are starting our professional life we need to focus first in our soft skills ... this will help you in your career. In this initial phase Companies normally dont consider if you had a previous experience they will consider your values and soft skills (If Samuel is organized, if Samuel helps the community, if Samuel want to learn, etc). For example... your mensage here demonstrate to me that you want to learn, you have a great english level, initiative, ask help when need.

I can see that you are from Brazil... Me too :) Please if you want send me a email or mensage in Linkedin and we can set up some time to talk. Will be a pleasure.

Good Luck!

Evandro
0
0

Pamela’s Answer

Hi Samuel,

Perhaps the military is an option for you? Today's military offers multiple career paths, the ability to serve your country and travel. You will get training in a skill that you can have a career as civilian once you complete your service.
You will also qualify for the GI Bill which can help you pay for college or additional training once you're out.

0