Rohan N.

31

1

How do I find undiscovered colleges which are as good as the mainstream ones?

I am a junior heading into my senior year and I want to be prepared for college applications. #college #college-selection

I'd recommend looking at the usnews.com website to check university rankings in your region. This is a great tool to see other universities and how they stack up against the big schools. If your looking for something different, you want to make sure you are not sacrificing quality of education. Whenever I am giving advice to my team, I like to recommend the following when choosing a school. -It is nationally/regionally ranked -non-for-profit -the acceptance rate isn't exceeding 80% I've found that if you follow these criteria, it'll improve your likelihood of finding a school that you'll benefit from.
Last updated Jul 31 '17 at 12:29

Hi Rohan! Congrats on preparing to apply to college- it is such an exciting time in life! I would check out collegeboard.com ... it is a great resource for everything you need to know about applying, majors, details about campuses as well as costs/financial aid. Through this website you can dive into all types of available colleges (whether community college, 2 year or 4 year) and you will be able to cater your search into any college (whether ones that you have heard of before or not.) Good luck!

Last updated May 31 '17 at 15:42

Schools Add a school