What are some majors that can actually be used in career

5

I don’t want to choose a major that will eventually be useless to me in the future. #college #college-major #career-counseling #academic-advising

5

Lynette’s Answer

0

College is a huge investment, both in time and money. So, it is smart to choose a program of studies that will bring you a good return on that investment! But, whatever career you choose will also consume a good portion of the rest of your life. So, pick something that will not only bring you a good return, financially, but also in life satisfaction.

One way to do that is to start with some of these questions, and use your answers to help guide your decision-making. Instead of asking yourself, what do I want to do for a living, ask yourself one or more of these questions:

1. If you could change something about the world today, or fix something that is wrong, what would it be? Choose a major that will allow you to learn more about that topic, and prepare you for a career that enables you to contribute to a solution.
  2. If you were rich and famous, what causes would you support and contribute to? Poverty? Children? Curing a disease? Caring for the sick? Feeding the hungry? Animals?
  3. Do you have a special skill or talent? What can you do, better than other people can? Seeking education and employment in a field that will allow you to demonstrate that skill will ensure you can more easily land the job of your choice, and be successful.
  4. What do you think is the wave of the future? Renewable energy sources? Wireless technology? Robotics/AI? Virtual reality? Space travel? Choose a program that enables you to learn more about, or become an expert in one of these areas. Jobs in these industries are plentiful and growing, and they are also generally higher-paying ones.

0

Steve’s Answer

0

I followed the Accounting path when I attended college. Accounting is the most difficult business major but it gives you a foundational knowledge of business. I have working in Accounting, Finance, Marketing, Customer Service in my career so you can do many things with a solid business foundation.

Also Business Intelligence and Data Analytics are becoming extremely high demand skills. We are always in demand for individuals with a combination of business and analytics skill set. Good luck!

0

Morgan’s Answer

0

A great major is accounting! All of my friends who were an accounting major were able to find a job and fine one quickly as well. However, accounting isn't for everyone, but if you have an interest I highly suggest it

0

Christopher’s Answer

0

Business degree is always a safe but diverse degree. Having a strong foundation in finance/accounting can also be beneficial for long term personal benefits as well.

0

Kelsey’s Answer

0

Accounting, finance, computer science, engineering (chemical, mechanical, electrical).

0