What do colleges mainly look at in your high school experience

6

I want to know how I can boost up my applications #college-recruiting

6

Bryan’s Answer

0
GPA, test scores, then extracurriculars.
0

Lia’s Answer

0

Hi Bryan,

Colleges will look at your academics and GPA. They will also mainly look at your extracurriculars (For example: what clubs and organizations you were apart of, whether you participated in student government, what JV and Varsity sports you played, whether you volunteered at all, etc.)

I hope this helps and good luck!!

0

Robert’s Answer

0
Extracurricular activities and grades are important. However they also are interested in relationships with teachers and principals. It's important to get recommendation letters.

Robert recommends the following next steps:

• Get scholarships
0

Elizabeth’s Answer

0
While colleges vary in their emphases, they mostly want to see balance--good grades, some extracurricular, some work, some community service. Select activities that mean something to you so you can write or speak about them and present yourself as purposeful. You do not need to know what you want to study, but you do want to be open to new ideas. Test scores are important at some colleges and many are eliminating them as a requirement for admission, but if your colleges of choice want them, prepare well to take them.

Elizabeth recommends the following next steps:

• Research three colleges that interest you and compare what they say they are looking for.
0

Judith’s Answer

0
It would depend on the college or university but most focus on academic performance such as GPA and test scores, extra circular activities inside / outside of high school and a well written application/essay. Good luck!
0

Brenda’s Answer

0
What I can say is most colleges look at the academic performance or ratings or the GPA score so mostly try to read and understand what you are taught
0