Once you got into the major how did your opinion of psychologist evolve? Did you find your interest shifting ?

Asked Kankakee, Illinois

Hello my name is Dayonna I would like to more about #psychologist. I would like to know more about the #job-description of a psychologist and what are some #benefits of being a psychologist and why I should make this my #career .

Roxana’s Answer

Hi Dayonna! Psychologists can work in many different fields and types of organizations or independently as well if they have their own clinical practice. In fact, I believe that's one of the advantages of majoring in Psychology, you get to apply what you learn to your own life and to a myriad of environments. For example, you can work at a school and become a counselor, or you can work in Organizational Psychology (Human Resources, Learning & Development). You don't have to decide that now. After you take some classes, you'll know more and will be able to figure out what you'd like to do. Finding an internship to explore some of these areas would be great. Alsovisiting APA's (American Psychological Association) website and reading some of the articles they publish. I hope that helps!
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to answer my question it really helped.